March 2018 SOLSC - 28/31 - Today's Question - Know anybody Famous?
The Question Jar has been a great way to share stories about myself and my family. It's helped me to remember times that have been well hidden in the deep crevices of my brain. So with today's question, I had to really stop and think.
Have you met or worked with any famous people? Who, where and when?
I'd say that most of the people I have met or worked with are "famous" in their own way, but I guess the question is really asking about "SOMEBODY REALLY FAMOUS".
When I worked at Nuclear Data, a group of us went out for a drink at a lounge just down the street from our workplace, It was a well known place, although I don't recall the actual name., but it was popular because the owner was the One and Only WALTER PAYTON.
For those who don't remember him, he was a great running back for the Chicago Bears in the 1970's. The evening that we went to the lounge, HE was there and I got to meet him and talk to him. His nickname was "Sweetness" and I truly believe that's how he was to everyone. He was only about 5'10" and really didn't seem like he was big enough to play football. He was soft spoken and was very intelligent and congenial.
I'm not big into football, but this man made an impression on me that evening. One of hope and perseverance.
When Hubby worked for the USAFR at O'Hare IAP, he was fortunate to work on the ground equipment that serviced planes. Several times throughout his career, the Presidential Planes would arrive on the military side of O'Hare and he got to meet Lyndon Johnson and actually step foot on the plane.
Have you met or worked with any famous people? Who, where and when?
I'd say that most of the people I have met or worked with are "famous" in their own way, but I guess the question is really asking about "SOMEBODY REALLY FAMOUS".
When I worked at Nuclear Data, a group of us went out for a drink at a lounge just down the street from our workplace, It was a well known place, although I don't recall the actual name., but it was popular because the owner was the One and Only WALTER PAYTON.
For those who don't remember him, he was a great running back for the Chicago Bears in the 1970's. The evening that we went to the lounge, HE was there and I got to meet him and talk to him. His nickname was "Sweetness" and I truly believe that's how he was to everyone. He was only about 5'10" and really didn't seem like he was big enough to play football. He was soft spoken and was very intelligent and congenial.
I'm not big into football, but this man made an impression on me that evening. One of hope and perseverance.
When Hubby worked for the USAFR at O'Hare IAP, he was fortunate to work on the ground equipment that serviced planes. Several times throughout his career, the Presidential Planes would arrive on the military side of O'Hare and he got to meet Lyndon Johnson and actually step foot on the plane.
I was once on a TV game show with my husband, so we met Bob Eubanks who was the host. It was not the Newlyweds game, but called Dream House. I suppose the other famous people I've met are authors of professional books. That would include Ruth Ayres, Rose Cappelli, Lynne Dorfman, Jeff Anderson, Donalyn Miller, and Ralph Fletcher.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea for a writing prompt. I was once in the grocery line ahead of James Earl Jones. He told me that I had dropped a bag of M&Ms destined for my children's stockings!
ReplyDeleteI guess the only famous non-writing community person I have ever met and spent time with is Corbin Bleu from High School Musical fame. He is a really nice person to talk with.
ReplyDeleteThat's who I thought you were going to write about! Walter Payton's bar was called Studebakers ... according to Jon. :) What a great guy to meet!
ReplyDelete