March 2018 SOLSC - 30/31 - Completion of a project - Finally!
Last summer we enclosed our front porch and made it an "all season" room. We had eight 5'x3' casement windows installed. They are pretty good windows, open easily, let in the air when needed, protect from the wind, cold and heat. But when I tried to clean them, there were a multitude of marks left from the making of these windows. There were round circles from the suction cups used to move the glass, there were a cascade of runs where whatever liquid they used on the glass was left, there were rectangular marks from who knows what. Now the only time these marks would show up was when I used the foam cleaning spray to clean them or when there was moisture on the windows. I checked their website and they said to use mineral spirits sparingly. I did, still all the markings were there. I used it NOT so sparingly - still there.
We showed our contractor and he said in typical fashion, "no problem, we'll get the window rep out and get it fixed." Well, that was last September when we initially "got the window rep". He didn't call or come, I called. Oh, that rep is no longer with us, someone will contact you. Nothing. After a month, I finally called the factory direct and the next day the rep called and made an appointment to check the windows. He came, he took pictures, put in his report.
We waited. I called.
"Oh, yes, your order is in process to replace the sashes. We'll call when they're ready". We waited.
Now it's going on December. We waited.
Finally, we received a call and they should be installed in February. We heard nothing more until the end of February and they wanted to come the week we were traveling. So it got pushed off another month.
Last week, a call - "How about Monday, the 26th?" Fortunately we were going to be home and a time was set. We waited on Monday. 1:30 came and went. 2:30 and finally at 3:15 a truck arrived. They quickly removed the old sashes and installed the new ones, adjusted AND cleaned the windows inside and out.
It's been raining since the windows were installed, and so far we don't see any markings on these new windows.
Finally!
First the excitement...and then the frustration. Glad that your home project is finally installed the right way! Just in time to truly enjoy the sun shining in, hopefully.
ReplyDeleteOMG, I would have been climbing the walls awaiting the replacement. I hope you reviewed the businesses and informed others about the long wait, which seems so unreasonable to me.
ReplyDeleteSo much waiting. Good that it's over and new windows were installed.
ReplyDeleteThat four season room will be enjoyable in all weather! What aggravation on getting something done. Glad it's finally over, now pour a glass and enjoy!
ReplyDeleteHow frustrating that it took so long. I'm glad you're finally able to enjoy your room.
ReplyDeleteAll that waiting and run around would not make for good customer recommendations in my book. Hope the problem is fixed and you can enjoy your room.
ReplyDeleteWow ... lots of frustration and waiting. Happy to hear that your room is complete and ready to enjoy!
ReplyDelete