March 2018 SOLSC - 31/31 - Reflections of Writing
First off, thanks to TWT for challenging us to write every day for a full month. Thanks for all your time, hard work and sharing.
Second, thanks to my daughter, Michelle, for inviting (encouraging) me to start this challenge 8 years ago.
Third, thanks to all who have commented on my slices. Your comments truly make a difference in my life.
As I said, this is my eighth year of writing - and I said I wasn't a writer when I first began. Guess I've proven myself wrong. I can write, not elegantly, but from my heart. I hope that when my kids and grandkids read these slices when I'm long gone, that they will know more about me and realize how important it is to have a voice.
This March,
I've celebrated my Dad's birthday, our anniversary, Michelle's birthday
I've written about the weather and Spring
I've written about concerns and frustrations
and mostly,
I've written answers to questions from our Question Jar, to give some of our history and let our kids and grandkids know more of where they came from.
I've read slices and commented, not as many as I wanted, but trying to reach out to some newbies and to those who have shared this challenge with me over the years.
It's been a fabulous March filled with much joy, difficult times and being uplifted by y'all.
Hope to see you on Tuesdays.
Second, thanks to my daughter, Michelle, for inviting (encouraging) me to start this challenge 8 years ago.
Third, thanks to all who have commented on my slices. Your comments truly make a difference in my life.
As I said, this is my eighth year of writing - and I said I wasn't a writer when I first began. Guess I've proven myself wrong. I can write, not elegantly, but from my heart. I hope that when my kids and grandkids read these slices when I'm long gone, that they will know more about me and realize how important it is to have a voice.
This March,
I've celebrated my Dad's birthday, our anniversary, Michelle's birthday
I've written about the weather and Spring
I've written about concerns and frustrations
and mostly,
I've written answers to questions from our Question Jar, to give some of our history and let our kids and grandkids know more of where they came from.
I've read slices and commented, not as many as I wanted, but trying to reach out to some newbies and to those who have shared this challenge with me over the years.
It's been a fabulous March filled with much joy, difficult times and being uplifted by y'all.
Hope to see you on Tuesdays.
Congratulations! I look forward to returning to your slices, as I didn't get to as many as I wish I could have. See you Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteThis summary of your month is so good. I can especially relate to " I can write, not elegantly, but from my heart." That is my story too. I look forward to reading more from you on Tuesdays.
ReplyDeleteHeartfelt writing is much more moving than eloquent writing. I have enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to your Tuesday writings. It is amazing how many of us don't view ourselves as writers but then through this challenge proves ourselves wrong.
ReplyDeleteYour question jar certainly brought out the memories, not just yours but all readers. It's been a fun month, but I'm ready for a little break.
ReplyDeleteSo happy you join in with all of us year after year! I love that you pulled out the jar full of questions! So many memories captured here. And that I am so thankful for! Thanks for being my encourager along the way too with each and every comment. Love you, Mom!
ReplyDelete