Spring Has Sprung 4/16/2020
I hadn't thought much about my OLW this year, but as I write this today, I'm thinking that HOPE is my word. We are experiencing such difficult times and I think that what I need most is to know that there is HOPE. So I thought about what Spring has brought me this year (and in years past).. From the very first bud to the final outgrowth, it defines my OLW. I unfortunately didn't take pictures of all of this, but I'm sure you'll be able to envision all that was presented to me in the past month.
Spring Has Sprung!
As I walked up the road, I saw some white in a tree.
I wondered what tree could be in bloom so early in
March.. As I got closer, the was a tree
full of white blossoms - the first of the season.
A wild plum tree hidden among the pine trees.
My first sign of HOPE and a new beginning.
A few days later, I noticed the daffodils with buds and blooms.
And as the month of March moved into April, the Bradford Pear trees sprouted
their white flowers and added to the beauty of the Ozarks.
Then came the redbuds loaded with majestic purple/pink blossoms - why they
are called "redbuds" is beyond me, but their beauty brought smiles to my face.
As the redbuds were dropping petals, the dogwoods started to bring forth
their white flowers and enhance the surrounding trees.
The grass is growing, the trees are bringing forth their green leaves and God
gave me this fantastic sunrise.
And not to be outdone, the "Spring Pink Moon" glowed in its glory over the
setting sun.
So yes, there is HOPE that these difficult times will pass and we will be
better for all that we've experienced.
Spring Has Sprung!
As I walked up the road, I saw some white in a tree.
I wondered what tree could be in bloom so early in
March.. As I got closer, the was a tree
full of white blossoms - the first of the season.
A wild plum tree hidden among the pine trees.
A few days later, I noticed the daffodils with buds and blooms.
And as the month of March moved into April, the Bradford Pear trees sprouted
their white flowers and added to the beauty of the Ozarks.
Then came the redbuds loaded with majestic purple/pink blossoms - why they
are called "redbuds" is beyond me, but their beauty brought smiles to my face.
As the redbuds were dropping petals, the dogwoods started to bring forth
their white flowers and enhance the surrounding trees.
The grass is growing, the trees are bringing forth their green leaves and God
gave me this fantastic sunrise.
And not to be outdone, the "Spring Pink Moon" glowed in its glory over the
setting sun.
And throughout all this beauty, Hubby and I celebrated our 50th wedding
anniversary!
So yes, there is HOPE that these difficult times will pass and we will be
better for all that we've experienced.





Oh, Judy, I am so happy you are writing with us again. It just made me smile to see your linked post. I so enjoyed your trip through spring and the pictures that went along with it. Here in NE Iowa, we are still waiting for spring, so your post brings me HOPE that spring will arrive soon!
ReplyDeleteAnd congratulations on 50 years!
I am so glad you took Michelle's invitation! I've wondered what you've been up to these past couple of years. I love the way the you noticed and captured the movement of life through nature. And a big happy anniversary to you!
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! Spring does bring renewal and visual reminders of HOPE! I enjoyed the walk through the signs of Spring. Thanks for sharing your stories, again.
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! HOPE is the just right word for these times. Spring beauty brings hope.
ReplyDeleteHOPE is the right word for right now. And spring does remind us of all that God will bring to us this year. So happy you wrote today, Mom!! Beautiful pictures too -- that sunrise and moon! Wow!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post! Happy 50th -- what a reason to celebrate. I'm glad you allowed a word to find you and HOPE seems just right. So glad you included the pictures -- especially your anniversary one! Thank you writing and sharing.
ReplyDeleteShine on,
Ruth
This made me smile. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteIt is the glimpse of hope through buds and beauty that gets us through. What a beautiful sunrise to welcome the day and to celebrate - Happy 50th anniversary!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your anniversary. I too enjoy watching the spring season roll in with things sprouting in a cycle in our yard. Each bloom let's us know we are closer to warmer days. I enjoyed your photos too.
ReplyDelete