Taking a Hike - 4-23-20



I have a very dear friend who enjoys hiking and belongs to a group of women hikers called WHO.  I usually doing my walking around the neighborhood, but this week she invited me to go on a hike with her since she can't get together with the WHO group.  A perfect way to "open up my arms, look toward the sky and enjoy a beautiful day with a special friend."

There is a resort and campground about 30 minutes from where we live and they have a menagerie of peacocks, pheasants, turkeys and various other birds - some in cages but others roaming around.  After passing the cages, there is a beautiful path that meanders thru some wooded areas and across a creek.  Some of the path is made up of rocks and broken bottles that have been thru a tumbler to smooth the edges.  The colors of blue, green and brown shown brightly in the sunlight and gave me a different way of viewing colored bottles.




















My friend was in need of doing something goofy, so she brought along Tom - her garden gnome.  He was a great companion and willingly had his picture taken at various spots along the way.

Can you find Tom?
 As we wound our way thru the path, we saw dogwood trees in full bloom along with a variety of other wildflowers.













And as we finished up our hike, we saw this sign.


Coming back to the cages, here's the peacocks in all their beauty.


So, with this breathe of fresh air and beauty abounding, I felt my heart exploding with JOY!

Comments

  1. What a great way to get out and enjoy nature! Is that a white peacock? I've never seen one before. Peacocks are so beautiful, but they don't have a lovely voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than being outside! I've never seen a white peacock either - wow! Love the little ditty about the pot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day! I love the idea of polishing glass and repurposing broken pots. I wish more areas would do that. Thank you for bringing us along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And there's your word again -- JOY! :) I love this line: "My friend was in need of doing something goofy, so she brought along Tom - her garden gnome." I want to be the kind of person who is "in need of doing something goofy" more often. How much fun! I couldn't spot Tom among the broken pots.
    Shine on,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just as I wrote about walks today, there is so much to take in and enjoy! I love the broken bottle path the peacocks and Tom! What a great day to get out and find the joy! Thanks for writing again, Mom! I hope you are enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was lovely to "walk" with you in this piece. What a surprise to see the peacocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your friend sounds like a delight! I applaud her feeding her "need to do something goofy!" urge. You must be the kind of friend who celebrates that, too. Your post does sparkle with joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful walk! I love the garden gnome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohmygosh, I love this piece! The broken glass, the gnome. I echo you-so much joy in your day, and so much joy in reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I felt like I was walking with you! I have a friend who takes a Ruth Bader Ginsburg bobblehead with her when she walks. Much like your friend, she puts RBG in many of her pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years