The Girls Thoughts on E-Learning and more - 6/18/20

I have been creating a scrapbook for each of our granddaughters and wanted to included their thoughts on Covid-19, e-learning and more. So I thought I'd let them write for me today. Here's their thoughts:
🦠Covid- 19
By: P
Working on-line: Working online and doing e-learning wasn’t too bad. We did a lot of activities we would do in class, but it was not as fun because we were not at school with our friends and teachers. I would rather be at school than at home doing e-learning.
Having Zoom meetings with your class: Having classroom meetings was weird at first
because you wouldn’t think that you would have to have an online meeting with
your class. It also was different because you are meeting with your class
instead of being at school with everyone. We had fun and talked about school
things like class awards, how we are doing with the school work, and not being
able to get together with friends, and other stuff too. It felt weird to have
to do it because we could have been at school, but because of the virus we
could not go. It would have been way more fun if we could have been at school
doing some of the fun things.
Your thoughts on the COVID-19 virus: I really wish Covid-19 never happened because
we had to do e-learning. It’s not that I don’t like e-learning, I just don’t
like that we can’t go to school and see our friends.
Would you want to continue learning this way, why or why not: I would want to go back to
school because I would want to see my friends and teachers. I would not like to
have to stay at home and do e-learning all the time. I also would not like to
keep having to do classroom meetings online. Also if you back to school you can
work with other people
What did you do as a family while sheltered at home?
We did a lot. We did e-learning (Madison and I) while mommy worked on stuff for her school, and
later on daddy studied and passed his electrical test. Madison and I had water
balloon and water gun fights in the backyard, went fishing, went on bike rides,
went on runs and walks, mountain biking, tennis, played with legos, drew with
chalk, two 5Ks, celebrated our birthdays, made homemade pizza, surprise zoom
birthday party for our birthday, hiking…. oh and I read A LOT OF BOOKS!!!
M`s thoughts:
Working online
I did not like working online because I would want to go to school and learn. I would also like to learn at school because we could work on it with our friends.
Having Zoom meetings with your class
I liked that we did Google meets to see our class. We played games and shared our highs and lows.
Not being able to get together with friends
I was sad that we could not get together with our friends because of Covid-19. I am so glad I have a sister!
Your thoughts on the COVID-19 virus
I wish that Covid-19 never happened. I wish that because I would like to keep going to school until the end of the year.
Would you want to continue learning this way, why or why not
I would not want to continue this way of learning because I did not like it a lot. I would rather go to school than do e-Learning.
What did you do as a family while sheltered at home?
As a family we…
- went on walks and runs
- watched movies and TV
- went fishing
- played with legos
- ran 2 5ks
- Went bike rides
- Painted Mommy and Daddy’s bedroom and bathroom
- Celebrated everybody’s birthday
- Chalk art
- Went on hikes
- I lost my first molar
- Mountain biking
As Michelle has always said, "Similar but different". P is the more detailed of the two. M is short and to the point. Each outstanding in their own ways. I'm sure in ten years when they look at their scrapbooks that they will remember 2020 to be a year like no other.
I hope they can have a fantastic summer even with social distancing! Siblings definitely help.
ReplyDeleteHow interesting to see the intersections in their thoughts and the differences in their styles of communication! They will surely love rereading their words in the future. What a lovely gift you are creating by capturing their stories!
ReplyDeleteIt's so cool to see the list of all the things the girls got to do with their family. So thoughtful of you to ask the questions and record the answers in a scrapbook.
ReplyDeleteI love that you let your grandchildren capture their thoughts... nurturing writers is so important.
ReplyDeleteI'm with the girls, e-learning is just not as fun as being in school with friends. I know this will be a treasure to revisit in the future when the virus has been conquered and hopefully a distant memory.
ReplyDeleteWhat a treasure! So fun to read their different, but similar responses! Thanks for asking the girls to write their thoughts and for putting it together in a scrapbook!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to hear the girls' voices! Please pass along my gratitude that they took the time to share these thoughts with us. You are right -- their personalities came through...isn't this one of the best things about writing?!? I'm glad you are writing again. ;)
ReplyDelete