Things to Ponder - SOS #18 8/6/20

I have often fallen back to lists when I can't think of anything to write about.  They're easy, fun and a good starting point for a future post.

Things to ponder:

Why do the hummingbirds seem to fight over the feeder?   It seems that it would be much easier to share.

Why do clerks not know how to make change when you give them $5.10 for a bill of $3.07?  Even after using a calculator, they still want to count out 93 cents in change.

Why does hubby have such a difficult time inserting a pillow in a pillowcase?  He is so handy at everything else and yet makes this chore so difficult.

Why is it so difficult to fast on those mornings that you have blood work scheduled?   Most mornings I can exercise and start my day before I have breakfast.

Why does time seem to fly by when you have five things scheduled and are already behind before you start?  And then time just drags when you're waiting for test results.

Why do I wake up at 2:00 a.m., wide awake with nothing on my mind or bothering me?   Then the mind wanders and all sorts of things go thru my brain.

Why is it so simple to think of something to write when you're not near a computer, phone or piece of paper?  And when it's actually time to sit down and write, those thoughts are long gone.

Why am I so blessed to have a loving, caring husband and family, good health and everything that I need and want?   When so many others are struggling just to keep their heads about water.


Comments

  1. Mmm, this list is so wonderfully thought-provoking. I love lists too, and this one makes me want to make a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a list! Made me nod. Made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first sentence speaks about my writerly choices too. I like your ponderings. The writing ideas and waking up sound very familiar to me. Wishing you and your loved ones continuously good health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great list of wonderings ... I laughed out loud at Dad trying to get a pillow into the pillow case. I have some of the same wonders ... This was a beautiful list, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The power of that word "why" makes a brain start spinning. I have often pondered many of those same thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots to think (and write) about now... Any one of these questions could lead to more...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years