The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen
Again, when perusing Sandra's library, I found an author that I have never read. This is a medical suspense novel. Very well written. Kept me turning page after page and not wanting to put the book down. A bit gory in places, but that was part of the suspense. This book is part of a continuing series and I look forward to reading more books by Tess in the future.
She made some of her characters very likable and others very standoffish. The main character, Jane Rizzoli, is a woman detective working in homicide with all male detectives. She has to prove herself every step of the way, which is just a continuation of her years growing up with 3 brothers. No one in her family or on the force took her seriously and therefore, she was always down on herself and pushed herself to be the best.
I wonder if the author grew up in a similar situation. At first I didn't like Jane because she was so down on herself and everyone else. But by the end of the book, you could understand her situation and wanted her to come out on top.
Excellent read
Read: April, 2011
She made some of her characters very likable and others very standoffish. The main character, Jane Rizzoli, is a woman detective working in homicide with all male detectives. She has to prove herself every step of the way, which is just a continuation of her years growing up with 3 brothers. No one in her family or on the force took her seriously and therefore, she was always down on herself and pushed herself to be the best.
I wonder if the author grew up in a similar situation. At first I didn't like Jane because she was so down on herself and everyone else. But by the end of the book, you could understand her situation and wanted her to come out on top.
Excellent read
Read: April, 2011
I guess you chose to read today! Another book done!
ReplyDeleteWhen I'm looking for a book, I know where I can come find a suggestion! This is great!
I can only imagine if you started this blog years ago -- the long list of books!!!