Word of the Day #6 - NEST - Emily Falconbridge

When I first saw what the word of the day was, I thought I can't relate to that word.  But after pondering it for a while, I thought about how a mother and father bird so carefully and diligently bring twigs, fuzz, and anything handy to build a "nest" for their soon to be laid eggs and as they sit in that nest on those eggs until they hatch and then so faithfully bring food to those little birds.   We've watched our chickadees do this for several years now and it is amazing how 4 or 5 baby birds survive all crunched into this little space that Mama & Daddy bird have created for them.  And then, in the blink of an eye, they are gone....  And then the process starts all over.

In our human way, we too create a "nest" for ourselves and our family.  It's a place to call home, a place to care for our young children, a place for them to come back to when they need to be comforted, and as they get older and have their own "nests", they can still come back to the nest that we've created.  Our nest can be an elaborate place or it can just be a hug or cuddling in a chair or telephone call to share.

God has created a nest for us and I know that He has His arms open for me to come to Him at any time (all the time) and He has that special "nest" for me when He calls me home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

Tuesday SOL - 9/25/12 - A New Beginning for a Special Couple