Word of the Day #7 - CHERISH - Amy Sorensen

When I think of the word "Cherish", I think of something dear and precious, something or someone to put on a pedestal and admire.  I'm sure over the years, I have cherished many people and things, but as I write this, I think that I Cherish my husband, children, and grandchildren the most.  They are what makes me want to keep on going and doing.  "Things" come and go, but family and friends remain steadfast.

I see all of the disjointed families in this world and wonder why they are that way.  What makes parents berate their children when it is so much easier to build them up, give them encouragement and cherish them.

I look at the joy on a child's face when he/she gets an extra hug or smile or when a parent takes time to read a book or play a game.  I see the joy on the face of a person who is in a nursing home when they get a hug or someone takes time to talk to them.  These are all ways that we can cherish those around us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years