Tuesday SOLSC - May 1, 2012 - Wasn't it just yesterday?

Today is M & P's second birthday - where did these two years go?

Wasn't it just yesterday when Mamma called to say they were going to the hospital?
     And today, you're two years old.

Wasn't it just yesterday that we were swaddling you in blankets for your nap?
     And today, you're wrapping your baby dolls.

Wasn't it just yesterday that we were trying to figure out how to feed you at the same time?
     And today, you feed yourselves.

Wasn't it just yesterday that M started standing by herself?
    And today, she won't stand still.

Wasn't it just yesterday that P got her first tooth?
     And today, she has all of her baby teeth.

Wasn't it just yesterday that there were two naps and a full night's sleep?
     And today, only an afternoon nap (but still a full night's sleep).

Wasn't it just yesterday M & P would sit quietly in Grandma's lap?
     And today, only sitting still long enough to read a book.

Wasn't it just yesterday that you would say "Up, Up"?
     And today, you say "I do, I do or All done baby".

Yes, it was only yesterday, but today, tomorrow and each day after, I will enjoy watching you grow, learn, develop and mature.  I thank God every day that I have been so blessed with my children and granddaughters.  So, M & P, Grandma wishes you a very happy birthday and lots of hugs and kisses.  


Comments

  1. Oh, I love this Mom! Wasn't it just yesterday that you were just reading my writing? And today you are writing too???

    Thank you for writing today! I love the repetition and the looking back. Wasn't it just yesterday??? Oh my, how two years can seem like forever, but also go by in a blink. What a beautiful sentiment and celebration of the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how special - this writing relationship between mother and daughter. It won't be that long until your grand daughters are part of this too,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful trip down 2 years of memories! Just think of how many more years to love, enjoy and create new moments in their lives! Enjoy each and every second...and how lucky to have such a awesome Grandma to share with! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Grandma. Wasn't it just yesterday you were holding MIchelle? That's what I keep thinking as I see my own sons with their kids. IT just doesn't seem possible that they have kids of their own. I love the repetition--really worked well for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to read Michelle's poem and then follow it with yours. Lucky little girls -- hope the celebration is a happy one. :)
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy you have the poet touch too. What a great poem for remembering those days gone by. The days do fly by so quickly and before you know it they will be off to school. Where does the time go? At least there are memories to linger.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

Tuesday SOL - 9/25/12 - A New Beginning for a Special Couple