Tuesday SOLSC 9/10/13 - A Reflection on a Comment from Last Week's Post

Last week's post was about a stray lightening bug that ended up in our bedroom  http://myreadingblog-jac.blogspot.com/2013/09/tuesday-solsc-9213-just-one-little.html.
Michelle left a comment regarding my last sentence - "How can one little lightening bug create such a BRIGHT light in the darkness?"  Michelle commented:  "I'm pondering your question at the end...I think that sometimes we all think we can't do something or make a difference, but we can. Just think what that lightening bug was capable of doing."

And so, I, too, have been pondering this question.  Yes, we are only one person, but what an impact we can make on other individuals.  We can:

Give a hug
Smile
Send a note or card
Visit an elderly person
Pray
Call someone you haven't spoken with in a long time
Bake a treat and deliver it to a neighbor
Read a book to a child or elderly person
Stop and help someone in need
Give encouragement and praise

The list is endless with all the "little lights" that we can give to others.  And, in return, we have made our light glow BRIGHT within us.  So, like our little lightening bug, I challenge you to share your BRIGHT light today and everyday to those you come in contact with.
  

Comments

  1. So simple, yet so easily forgotten! Thanks for reminding us to slow down and do something for others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave it to MIchelle to come up with the simple answer to your question. It is possible to for one person to make a difference and you gave us a great list to get started on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every comment I receive shines in my heart like that little light. I hope my comments do the same for others too. That little extra touch of something may make such a difference to someone. Thanks for the reminder Judy. It doesn't take much to make someone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gentle reminder. I like how you build on your post and Michelle's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful thoughts and yes great reminders to brighten the light of someone each and every day! Thanks Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my students has had some very "dark days" lately. I hope that I can continue to be that light for him and that soon his light will shine again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quote "it's better to light one little candle than to curse the darkness" is one I've always thought a good one to remember, and now your post with the little lightning bug shares that same sentiment. I agree so much, Judy, & it's lovely you got the 'spark' from Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very true, your words. Sometimes it is the simple things that mean the most. Shine on, Judy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years