Tuesday SOL 1/17/17 - Thought to Ponder
Every time I come down with a cold, I wonder:
After all these years and research,
WHY CAN'T THEY CURE THE COMMON COLD?
I think I have finally come up with a good reason:
THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES WOULD GO BROKE!
I wandered the aisles in search of just the RIGHT medicine to help relieve ALL my symptoms, but I would have had to purchase at least five different medicines just to feel somewhat better.
There are medications for:
stuffy nose
runny nose
decongestants to help unstuff the previous medicine
aches
sinus
extra strength
night time
day time
cough syrups
fever reducers
All from different companies. All with warnings.
I stood there looking, reading, my mind in a fuss, because I didn't know which symptom to treat without causing something else to flare up. How to choose? What worked last time, will it work again?
Finally, I gave up. Chose one that worked last time. Did it help, you may ask? Well, one day it worked, the next not so good. After seven day, one week, I finally felt like I had some relief. From the medication - I doubt it. I just let the cold take it's course and laid low.
Feeling so much better, but I still wonder:
WHY CAN'T THEY CURE THE COMMON COLD?
After all these years and research,
WHY CAN'T THEY CURE THE COMMON COLD?
I think I have finally come up with a good reason:
THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES WOULD GO BROKE!
I wandered the aisles in search of just the RIGHT medicine to help relieve ALL my symptoms, but I would have had to purchase at least five different medicines just to feel somewhat better.
There are medications for:
stuffy nose
runny nose
decongestants to help unstuff the previous medicine
aches
sinus
extra strength
night time
day time
cough syrups
fever reducers
All from different companies. All with warnings.
I stood there looking, reading, my mind in a fuss, because I didn't know which symptom to treat without causing something else to flare up. How to choose? What worked last time, will it work again?
Finally, I gave up. Chose one that worked last time. Did it help, you may ask? Well, one day it worked, the next not so good. After seven day, one week, I finally felt like I had some relief. From the medication - I doubt it. I just let the cold take it's course and laid low.
Feeling so much better, but I still wonder:
WHY CAN'T THEY CURE THE COMMON COLD?

Good question! I hate perusing the medication aisle to decide what I need. More times than not, I end up with nothing and just wait it out.
ReplyDeleteI think you are right about why there is no cure for the common cold. Isn't it amazing how many different medicines there are?!? That's why I usually wait it out too. Happy to hear that you ARE feeling better.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you are feeling much better. Going slow and keeping low seem to help the best.
ReplyDeleteLove this. I have often wondered the same thing and have come up with the same reason as you. Many shelves would be empty if it were not for cold remedies.
ReplyDelete