Is My Mind Like a Hummingbird?
They flit
They swoop
They soar
They hover
They land
They sip
They drink
They check their surroundings
Off they go
My mind flits
It swoops
It soars
It hovers
It lands
It drinks up knowledge
It checks my surroundings
And off it goes into another direction
Only to return and begin again



Beautiful connection! I will never view a humming bird the same ... I, too, feel that I follow these same patterns of a hummingbird. Guess it runs in the family, Mom! :) Thanks for sharing this small moment and pictures!
ReplyDeleteI love the parallel between your thoughts and hummingbirds. I understand this perfectly!
ReplyDeleteUnexpected connection. Makes sense though. Fascinating how your creativity lead you from seeing a hummingbird to writing poetry about your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteThis is so relatable, especially with the reliance on technology lately.
ReplyDelete"And off it goes into another direction." I can sure relate to this distractability. It seems harder than ever to stay focused during this time of sheltering in. I must say that I especially treasure my outside time. Lovely to read your hummingbird observations.
ReplyDeleteYes! My mind does this, too. What an excellent selection of verbs. I love watching hummingbirds & your post will always come to mind when I see them flitting & swooping!
ReplyDeleteI was experiencing the morning unfolding in my backyard. I have flowers planted that attract hummingbirds and it usually doesn't take too long for one to appear. Today, I like Ruth, had your poetic words come to mind as I watched.
ReplyDeleteJudy - I refer to my mind as an alarm clock - always buzz-humming. I LOVE your metaphor of the humming bird. Such magical, wondrous creatures!
ReplyDeleteHummingbirds and thoughts. I love how you placed the two together. What stands out to me is your mind, drinking up knowledge. A nice bit of imagery!
ReplyDelete