I Feel Like A New Woman! - SOS #7 - 5/21/20

It's the little things that make me happy!
As this shut down comes toward an end
As businesses start to reopen
I wonder who decides what is "essential"!
Needs to be trimmed at least every
six weeks
Hubby trimmed
Then snipped
Then cut
I clipped
I chopped
I complained!
Finally
My wonderful Beautician
is open and found time for me
Mask on face
Temperature taken
All clear and ready
A fresh haircut and breathe of air!
Beauticians and Barbers
are more essential than a
furniture store!
They are essential to keep the population looking groomed. :-) I have yet to get a haircut. Fortunately, my beautician lives behind us, so perhaps I can get a trim without going to the shop.
ReplyDeleteIt's that old depends on point of view for sure lately. Nice that you got your cut!
ReplyDeleteAgree with Linda B... point of view is everything. Without a haircut, I am fine; my husband is ready to crawl out of his skin. Thanks for a fun post!
ReplyDeleteAh, a new haircut makes you feel like a new person. I'm glad you got some of that feeling!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed how you described your journey with your hair and I think you hare very brave, I'm am not wiling to even trim my own hair so it's the high bun for weeks and air drying. Happy to hear you have a little bit of normal return.
ReplyDeleteA haircut! So many will be jealous! It is a breath of fresh air to get that uplifting hair cut! Yay you! (Thanks for being safe and still wearing an uncomfortable mask!) 😷
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun poem -- it captures the moment and I bet you will appreciate that you wrote it as time rolls on.
ReplyDeleteSometimes, it IS the small things (like a hair cut, eye brows waxed, roots covered) that really make us feel like everything is going to be okay.
ReplyDeleteYou make your own list of essentials. Creative way to show your experience and thoughts.. Great that you were able to get a hair cut. It's a bit easier with long hair.
ReplyDelete