Friends of the Library Sale - SOS #20 - 8/20/20

 



A blurb in the paper

A notice on the radio

An e-mail

All making an announcement

The Friends of the Library will again hold their quarterly book sale 

Hooray - today's the day!

Do I need more books?

Such a silly question

Of course, my shelves still have space

Arriving a little after 10:00

A line had formed

A new format

Take a number

Only 20 people admitted at a time

#59

I wait patiently for my turn

I talk with others waiting too

Friends

Volunteers

Patrons of the library

Finally, my number is called

The tables await

New authors calling out to me

Familiar authors waiting for me to pick them

I pick them up, read the cover

Some I put back

Others go into my bag

Off to checkout

And on my way home

to place them on the appropriate shelf 

Which one to choose first

Oh wait, 

I'm already well into a book

These new books will wait as patiently

as I waited in line.

I love book sales!





Comments

  1. I love the Friends of the Library sale too! Unfortunately ours was cancelled in May, but they have rescheduled for September. Usually I work the sale, but I am afraid I might have to miss it this year. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you actually got to go to the sale... and that the new books will wait patiently for you on their shelves like you waited in the line to get them

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite things--the prospect of new books on a shelf just waiting! I love that feeling! Glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Do I need another book?" - Can readers ever answer no to this? I am happy that you were able to go to the book sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol "do I need a new book? What a silly question!" LOL I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you! Our friends have no plans for a book sale in the immediate future. I have several stacks of book ready to donate with no option for donating. I've always helped with our book sales, but like Elsie, I may sit out the next one. Book sales are one of the lovely pleasures I'm missing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years